WebDAV file system

Jay Buffington jaybuffington at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 22:35:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

One reason why we have been hesitant to implement MogileFS in
production is because we have tons of old code that makes assumptions
where the file lives on disk.

I remember seeing the WebDAV filesystem that Jonathan was working on
during the MogileFS summit.  Is this available anywhere?  I'd like to
give it a shot so that we can support the old way of accessing files
on disk.  WDFS would just be a transparent window into the world of
mogile.

Is there much overhead to using WDFS?  Has this been benchmarked
against using the API directly?

Thanks,
Jay