mogile contract work

Eric Lambrecht eml at guba.com
Tue Jan 31 01:04:15 UTC 2006

Hey everybody -
  we've got some pretty specific changes we'd like to make to mogile to
improve its performance and maintainability, and also to reduce the cost
of storage servers. Basically it boils down to teaching mogile about
'fast' vs 'slow' servers and writing scripts to dynamically move content
between those servers based on their recent or expected popularity.
Also, we want mogile to be a little smarter about where it should store
replicas of files that exist only for the purposes of backup (no point
in throwing backups on the newer, faster servers, eh?).

We happen to be a little overloaded with other things right now, so
we're looking for a talented perl hacker to implement our changes for us
(for pay, of course). If you're interested, please drop me an email and
resume and I can more fully explain what we want to do.

All work will, of course, be handed back to Brad to plug into the
official distro if they pass muster.

Eric...