mogile2.0 still doesn't like big file ?

komtanoo.pinpimai at livetext.com komtanoo.pinpimai at livetext.com
Mon Oct 2 23:17:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I worked on the mogile1 on CVS for a while and it doesn't like big file,
especially more than 200M. As in the current svn, 421, the replicator
seems to have the same problem.

[monitor(4333)] Monitor running; scanning usage files
[monitor(4333)] Monitor running; scanning usage files
[replicate(4321)] Error: wrote 720896; expected to write 1048576; failed
putting to /dev1/0/000/000/0000000015.fid
[replicate(4321)] Failed copying fid 15 from devid 5 to devid 1 (error
type: dest_error)

And it keeps trying without success. One side effect when this happens is
client can't connect this tracker, even the "mogadm check" shows REQUEST
FAILURE.

I could apply a quick fix patch that I wrote for the CVS version to it,
but it would be nice if mogile2 could get rid of this problem. I wonder if
nobody has big file replicating problem on mogilefs2 ?

thanks
-kem