problem writing more than one thousand files

Gareth Thomas gareth at asmallworld.net
Fri Sep 22 16:51:40 UTC 2006

We finally have MFS up and running on a dev box and have noticed one odd
problem that we cant resolve. Once we have added more than one thousand
files we are unable to add anymore. The problem appears to because MFS cant
create an additional directory on the device i.e. it has 0/000/000, but cant
create 0/000/001. If we manually create 001, it works fine and we can
continue writing files. The mogstored processes are running as root, and
root has fill read/write access to the directories. Also these files
individually are not very big, mostly small jpgs around 75k.

Any ideas?

Gareth