problem writing more than one thousand files

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sun Sep 24 00:31:34 UTC 2006

And now the mogstored side, which now refuses to run without being forced
when AIO is missing or broken:

$ ./mogstored
ERROR: IO::AIO not installed, so async IO not available.  Refusing to run
       unless you set the environment variable MOGSTORED_RUN_WITHOUT_AIO=1
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./mogstored line 70.

$ MOGSTORED_RUN_WITHOUT_AIO=1 ./mogstored
WARNING:  Running without async IO.  Won't run well with many clients.
ERROR: Need to be root to increase max connections.
Running.
beginning run

It'll also refuse to daemonize when in that forced mode.