Directly Retrieve MogileFS Items

Anthony Volodkin anthonyv at brainlink.com
Mon Apr 9 19:07:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am working on a web application which involves storing files across
several machines and then making them available via HTTP.

I want to use MogileFS to manage these files.  It seems that I need to
use the MogileFS API to retrieve the files well as to store them,
increasing the retrieve overhead.

Is it possible to:

1) Store a file using MogileFS which will replicate it to several
machines in this group of servers.
2) Make each MogileFS raw store directory on each server available via
HTTP with a web server.
3) Query MogileFS for the possible locations of a given key/file and
generate a URL which will directly fetch this file from the correct web
server.

Can I do this with MogileFS?  Are there any other tools I should look at?

Thank you,

Anthony Volodkin