Announce: official lighttpd support

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Apr 25 18:52:14 UTC 2007

I figured it's time to finally make mogstored support lighttpd, and stop
just saying "Yeah, it's possible if you get down and dirty with it!"

So:

  Abstract out the HTTP server support... (and break up mogstored
  into manageable pieces)
  http://code.sixapart.com/trac/mogilefs/changeset/910

  Adds lighttpd support...
  http://code.sixapart.com/trac/mogilefs/changeset/912

Use like:

  $ mogstored --server=lighttpd

Which will find your lighttpd binary, make a tempfile config, and run it
as a child process.

Of if you want to be explicit to the binary's location:

  $ mogstored --server=lighttpd --serverbin=/opt/my/special/path/lighttpd

This has undergone no testing at all yet, and docs are non-existent.

I have a meeting to run to now, but will run it all through the standard
testsuite later, and add some docs before I do a release.

Any testing/comments in the meantime would be lovely.

Thanks,
Brad