Analysis of the over-replication issue

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Aug 6 14:06:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Brandon Ooi wrote:

> Perhaps it's because you have the replicate workers running on more than
> one mogilefsd instance? Maybe they will run into each other and
> replicate more than once?
>
> We have it set up so only one machine runs the replicate, delete workers.
>
> I have no idea how that all works but that's how we have it set up.

They shouldn't get in each other's way.  It's designed to have them all
running replicators (otherwise if you lose your mogilefsd doing replicate,
you have a single point of failure!).

There might be a bug, but I've never seen it, and every installation I've
seen has multiple mogilefsd, all doing replicate.

- Brad