[mogilefs] bradfitz, r1114: more work on custom replication policies...

Arthur Bebak abebak at fabrikinc.com
Thu Aug 16 18:17:06 UTC 2007

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Mogilers,
>
> This might be of interest to some of you....
>
> It's now quite easy to drop in your own custom replication policies.

Is there any documentation on what you need to do to write your own
replication policy?

Watching this list (and for my own blatently selfish reasons :)
I think a number of people would be interested in having a replication policy
which spreads files not just across disk devices but across hosts.

In other words the same file is not allowed to be replicated to another
device on the same host. This helps reliability if you have a storage
hosts with multiple hard drives (devs).

I'll probably have to write something like that so it would be helpful
if there was some documentation on how to do it.

Thanks,
--
Arthur Bebak
abebak at fabrikinc.com