how to debug storage nodes?

Hill, Greg grhill at corp.untd.com
Thu Feb 15 20:51:44 UTC 2007

We're attempting to run storage nodes on some Solaris boxes to see if
the improved I/O of Solaris will make a difference, but for some reason
they don't seem to be working.  The daemons are running, as far as I can
tell, but trying to do a mogtool to add a file fails (ERROR: Unable to
create...) and our own tests fail to get a filehandle from
MogileFS::Client->open.  Trying to get the errstr returns nothing.  How
can I determine the cause of the error?  Is Perlbal known to not work on
Solaris 10?

Greg