Offsite Replication

Eric Lambrecht eml at guba.com
Tue Jun 26 18:40:40 UTC 2007

I think you'd actually do better to expose an interface for getting
notifications of newly stored files and newly deleted files for the
purpose of archiving, rather than trying to treat some storage node as a
special 'storeonly' node.

It would then be almost trivial to make a little plugin or worker that
watches those notifications and copies new files to S3 (or whatever) and
deletes old ones.

We're trying to duplicate our mogile pool (while it is running) so we
can split apart two applications that depend on it. With this
notification, we could make a copy of our live mogile pool, then have a
worker keep an eye on updates to make sure the copy stays up to date
until we're ready to split up our application code to use one pool or
the other.

Eric...