using the FilePaths plugin

Matt Kent matthew.e.kent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:06:38 UTC 2007

Hi all, I'm a new user of MogileFS. I'm using it for a senior project at my
university. Anyway, for my situation it would be helpful to get back the
original file names of the files instead of 001.fid and the like. After some
investigation, I found the FilePaths plugin in the MogileFS source which
seems to do just that. However, I can't figure out how to use it.
Furthermore, I can't find any documented record of anyone else actually
using it.

So my question is this: has anyone ever used the FilePaths plugin, and if
so, what does it do and how do you use it? Here's what I tried:

(using a ruby client from a rails app...)

My test code looks like this:

mg = MogileFS::MogileFS.new(:domain => 'mydomain' :hosts => ["x.x.x.x
:6001"],
                              :root => '/var/mogdata')
mg.store_file 'mykey', 'myclass', afile
assert mg.get_paths('mykey').size > 0

Pretty simple, just store the file and assert that it got stored somewhere.
I got MogileFS set up so that works fine. Then I tried to add this line to
/etc/mogilefs/mogilefsd.conf:

plugins FilePaths

And then the client blows up, the list of paths it receives is nil and the
test fails. What else do I have to do to get the plugin working? Thanks.

Matt