MogileFs + Perlbal as Reproxy + Java Client

Oezcan Acar acar at unitedinter.net
Tue May 1 01:38:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

I use perlbal (latest version) in front of my resin webserver as reproxy server to serve the images out of mogilefs and mogilefs java client from guba.

To serve an an image, which is stored in mogilefs the following way applies:

Client --> Perbal --reproxy---> resin (getfile.jsp).

eg: http://www.domain.com/getfile.jsp?key=amazon

domain.com is perlbal instance, getfile.jsp resides on backend resin instance. In getfile.jsp I use the java mogilefs client to get the image location.

I use the following code in getfile.jsp to get the image with the key amazon

<%
String[] tracker = new String[1];
tracker[0] = "213.221.93.230:6001";
com.guba.mogilefs.MogileFS fs = new com.guba.mogilefs.MogileFS("testdomain", tracker, true);
String[] paths = fs.getPaths(request.getParameter("k"), true);
response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "must-revalidate");
response.setHeader("Content-type",  "image/jpeg");
response.setHeader("X-REPROXY-URL", (String)paths[0]);
return;
%>

The image location is returned in paths. With X_REPROXY_URL the image location is passed back to perlbal but with the code above the image is never displayed in the client browser. What is wrong here?

My perlbal config:

image1:/home/bizimalem # cat /etc/perlbal.conf
CREATE POOL webcluster
  POOL webcluster ADD 213.221.93.230:8080

CREATE SERVICE balancer
   SET listen          = 213.221.93.198:80