Files to delete

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Sat May 12 16:34:35 UTC 2007

A delete operation just removes it from the namespace immediately.  The
actual deletions from mogstoreds (which may be down at the time of your
delete!), happen asynchronously, sometime in the future... usually within
a 10-15 seconds, but more if there were problems.

See the file_to_delete table (immediately enqueued), or
file_to_delete_later (where it goes if there are problems while deleting).

Make sure you're running [delete] jobs on your mogilefsds...

   $ ps afx | grep delete

You see a line like:

     \--- mogilefsd [delete]

If so, that's what will delete it later.

- Brad