mogilefs & fuse

Adam Rosien adam at rosien.net
Mon May 14 17:48:59 UTC 2007

On 5/14/07, Brad Fitzpatrick <brad at danga.com> wrote:
> > It's annoying that the tracker can't give you file sizes though.
>
> That's a one-line change that I keep forgetting (if I were to add it to
> get_paths).  But should I add a new "stat_key" method instead, which would
> also be a good place to include an mtime in the response?

Another highly useful addition would be the ability to get/set "entity
tags" to support caching semantics and optimistic concurrency as in
HTTP (http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec3.html#sec3.11).
A new param to create_open would be an optional etag value which is
returned on get_paths().

This would also help integrity checks between the data referenced by
keys stored by applications versus the keys that mogile itself knows
about.

.. Adam