Licensing of MogileFS Mediawiki Module?

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Tue Oct 9 23:57:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 03:01:05PM -0700, Steve Williams wrote:
> I've created a Mogile package suitable for submission to PEAR, but I'm
> concerned about the licensing, as I started from this Mediawiki module:
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/MogileClient/
I strongly suggest looking at the PHP classes posted by Erik Osterman on
this list.

I had a later variant of his work that added a few features, and on top
of that made a PHP4 version (the PHP4 version was messy and probably
won't ever be released, but the other changes will).

There was also a blatent uncredited rip-off of Erik's work that was
posted as a Symfony plugin - it added some of the mogadm functionality
to the class, but was clearly based on an older version of Erik's code.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
E-Mail     : robbat2 at gentoo.org