Mounting MogileFS?

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Sun Oct 14 01:04:00 UTC 2007

Hey,

First of all, is anyone running mogilefs under a FUSE setup at all? I
know there've been two FUSE implementations, but no clue if they're in use.

mitcheloc: If you want the "lowest" latency, you probably won't be
getting that if you have to mount mogilefs. The biggest access speedup
comes from caching paths returned from the tracker, so the front end
system may query that out of memcached and directly access the files.

I don't believe a webdav mount would work either... Take a closer look
into how everything works.

-Dormando