Error when switching databases

Justin H. Brehm jbrehm at broadwick.com
Fri Sep 14 18:08:31 UTC 2007

I've been using MogileFS with no real problems in our testing environment which was using MySQL 4.1.22.

We're now going to be using MySQL 5.1.XX (something in the beta stage). We dumped the database from the 4.1.22 server and imported it on our new server. Setup the same users and everything, but when I try to start 'mogilefsd' I get this error:

jbrehm at dev-www1:~$ mogilefsd start
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/MogileFS/Store.pm line 806.
MySQL self-tests failed. Your DBD::mysql might've been built against an old DBI version.

I've been trying to recompile the DBD::mysql package from CPAN, but it keeps failing with some dependency issues. What I'm really wondering though, is if I should keep trying that route, or if anyone knows of another reason why this might not be working.

--
Justin Brehm
Systems Engineer