Using large files with MogileFS

Jaco atoomkern at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 20:22:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

MogileFS is running fine now, but there are still some major problems
when I try to upload files bigger than 1 GB. With such large files I get
errors like "Send failure: Connection reset by peer" and "select/poll
returned error" and the mogstored daemon is suddenly killed. Is this normal?

If it is normal, is there a way to automatically split large files into
smaller chunks during upload using mogilefsd? I know this can be done
with mogtool, but I'm looking for a more transparent method within
mogilefsd.

Thanks in advance.