Mogile Deployment Layout: More Hosts or More Disks.

Lance Boomerang lreed at boomerang.com
Tue Sep 18 20:25:10 UTC 2007

I am looking to build out a fairly dense setup with nodes having 8 or so
SATA drive slots for about 6 TB per node (8x750GB).   Initially plan to
have 6 of these nodes.   Initial build out would have 30 TB or so.
Debating going for higher / lower density on either number of drives per
node, and / or size of individual drives.  The long term plan is to
scale this out to potentially a PB or so.  Stability / integrity is more
important than performance, but power and space usage are tight also.  I
was wondering if anyone has dabbled with dense solution.  I would even
consider building out 9 TB nodes, but not sure this is truly feasible.
If anyone has thoughts on this I would be very interested.

Thanks!

--
CSI Cardiff, I'd like to see that. They'd be measuring the velocity of a kebab!"