Mysql master<->master replication getting entirely messed up. What config do I need to tweak?

Michael A. Toth lirul.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:51:19 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 9:08 PM, dormando <dormando at rydia.net> wrote:

>  I run mogilefs under master-master setups, with the following concessions:
>
>  - auto_increment_offset is used to ensure each side gets unique values.
>  - writes only go to one *active* side.
>
>  Either done via an HA VIP or explicit configuration.

Hi Dormando,

I've got a question about your master-master configuration. I checked
the default mogilefs SQL table schemas, and I didn't find any auto
increment column. Do I have to change schema for master-master
replication? Here is my current state:

mysql> use mogilefs
Database changed
mysql> desc file;
| Field    | Type                 | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| fid      | int(10) unsigned     | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
| dmid     | smallint(5) unsigned | NO   | MUL | NULL    |       |
| dkey     | varchar(255)         | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| length   | int(10) unsigned     | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| classid  | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | NULL    |       |
| devcount | tinyint(3) unsigned  | NO   |     | NULL    |       |