delete_later (backup purpose)

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 19:19:34 UTC 2008

> It should be pretty easy to add a plugin hook to mogilefs to allow
> delete's to move files into either a separate mogilefs domain (hidden
> from the app! Still controlled by mogilefs!), or journaled to another
> storage device. I think that's more along the lines of what you'd want.

Yeah, if anything this could be a plugin, I don't think "delete later"
really has much use in the core.  The delete operation is async
anyway, so you won't gain any speed, and depending on MogileFS to
delete your file later doesn't feel right to me, FWIW.

But if you put together a plugin, I don't see why this couldn't be
distributed with the base distribution.  (I'm a big fan of plugins, as
you can tell...)

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com