Can I use lighttpd/nginx for webdav but have updated disk usage statistics for mogile?

dangalist at centrum.cz dangalist at centrum.cz
Sun Mar 16 19:00:05 UTC 2008

Thank you very much for detailed infos, I will test it in next weeks. Btw. can nginx handle also role of perlbal
or its reproxy features are not so advanced to do transparent reproxy? I was going trough nginx manual but
couldnt find anything like this.

Goodwill

>You could set "server=none" option /etc/mogilefs/mogstored.conf to use
mogstored for disk usage info collecting only. We have sucessfully used
Nginx as WebDAV backend.
>Here is our testing mogstored config file (/etc/mogilefs/mogstored.conf):
>mgmtlisten=0.0.0.0:7501 docroot=/var/lib/mogdata/ server=none
>Here is our Nginx testing config file (/usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf):
>
>user nobody; worker_processes 5; events { worker_connections 1024; } http
{ include conf/mime.types; default_type application/octet-stream; sendfile
on; keepalive_timeout 0; tcp_nodelay on; client_max_body_size 100M; server
{ listen 7500; server_name localhost; charset utf-8; location / { root
/var/lib/mogdata/; dav_methods put delete mkcol copy move; dav_access
user:rw group:rw all:r; } error_page 500 502 503 504 /50x.html; location
/50x.html { root html; } } }
>dangalist at centrum.cz wrote: Do I need to upload all files to mogile over
mogstored or I can do puts/gets over lighttpd/nginx and just keep
mogstored running on background to collect disk usage infos? I know there
is support for lighttpd in mogstored, but how could I use nginx instead?
Are there any disadvantages of such setup? Goodwill