Nagios plugin?

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Wed May 7 19:00:05 UTC 2008

> Alright, here's what I have.

Why do you check the database?  You don't seem to do anything with
this data.  I don't know that you need to check it anyway because
that's sort of implied by checking MogileFS - if you can't insert/get
files, then something is broken.  (And you should monitor the database
separately anyway, IMO.)

Also, I would suggest using something other than the config file.  You
can just generate raw content yourself, maybe 1000 bytes of random
noise.  Then you're not dependent on this file existing on the machine
that is doing the Nagios check.

Third point, use a different key, include the pid or the time or
something, so that you can be sure you have a valid check from start
to finish.  (And then have something that cleans out those files after
some time?)

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com