Perlbal - success (+ patch)

Kate Turner kate.turner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 21:43:30 PST 2005

So after the 3rd try, I've successfully moved the backend of our site
from Pen to Perlbal. We've not had much time to monitor it yet, but it
seems to be running fine.  We had some problems to start with caused
by trying to run Pen and Perlbal at the same time - apparently that
doesn't work.

I did make a minor change - due to various internal issues we have
squids on two different networks, so I added a new configuration
option to always trust X-Forwarded-For from any host. Patch can be
found at <http://kohl.wikimedia.org/~kate/perlbal_always_trusted.diff>.

Thanks for the great tool :-) (Particularly to Mark Smith, who was
very helpful answering questions on IRC)

Kate.