ClientProxy detection fix

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Dec 4 06:17:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, dormando wrote:

> Yo,
>
> The attached patch has stopped perlbal from crashing on me. It's run
> overnight without further issues on my test instance, so I'm rolling it
> out to the other 23.
>
> This isn't a real fix... It's more ineffecient and doesn't really fix
> the actual problem. I think what needs to happen is ClientHTTPBase.pm's
> http_response_close needs to actually undef itself out of an attached
> backend if one exists. However, I'm not 100% positive that's a good fix
> either, so I'll wait for some feedback if possible :(

I just independently arrived at the same conclusion, so I think that _is_
the correct fix.

I think what happens is a request comes in to a service selector, goes to
proxy, then http_response_sent happens, gets blessed back to base, then
backend times out or whatever, and boom.

The hard thing here will be writing a test case for this.

- Brad