Which hooks to use in perlbal?

Elliot F elliotf-danga-perlbal at gratuitous.net
Mon May 29 23:10:01 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I could use a nudge in the right direction in regards to a perlbal
plugin I'm writing.  I am attempting to use perlbal as a general-purpose
application web server, in lieu of using apache+mod_perl.

The problem is that I don't know what hook I should use when writing my
plugin.  I need to have access POST data, but it seems the only time a
plugin can have access to any POST data is when 'proxy_read_request' is
used, but the 'proxy_read_request' isn't called when there is no POST
data.  Or am I crazy?

Summary of my problem:
When hooked against start_proxy_request, $obj->{read_buf} is empty
When hooked against proxy_read_request, $obj->{read_buf} is not empty,
but if there is no data POSTed, proxy_read_request is not triggered.

Should I make a subref and register the same subref with multiple hooks
(if I want to catch both POST and non-post traffic)?  Or is there some
amazingly simple thing that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

Elliot