perlbal crash

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Tue Oct 24 22:20:39 UTC 2006

dormando wrote:
> Yo,
>
> Fired up the latest perlbal from CPAN, after a few minutes it blows up
> with this:
>
> Oct 24 12:54:27 192.168.5.101 perlbal: crash log: Can't locate object
> method "start_reproxy_uri" via package "Perlbal::ClientHTTPBase" at
> /usr/share/perl5/Perlbal/BackendHTTP.pm line 397.

Also seeing this:

Oct 24 14:43:35 192.168.5.101 perlbal: crash log: Can't locate object
method "backend" via package "Perlbal::ClientHTTPBase" at
/usr/share/perl5/Perlbal/BackendHTTP.pm line 139.

I ran out of time to troubleshoot this today and will be rolling back to
1.41... The issue is that when the above two routines are getting called
the $client is a ClientHTTPBase instead of ClientProxy. I can't, as
usual, reproduce the damn problem.

 From reading the code, it doesn't seem likely that the
$backend->{client} can get assigned to a ClientHTTPBase object instead
of a properly assigned client? So it must be swapping it back inbetween
a backend getting assigned and the response coming back? Sorry if that's
completely wrong, it's the best I can figure in so little time. The new
version of perlbal is unusable because of this.

-Alan