Serving Static Files

Can Sar csar at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 9 19:39:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just installed Perlbal and have it working with the default
configuration but I want to figure out how to tell it to serve static
files from a different machine (all with the same URL prefix). I was
looking into reproxying, but it seems that this would make me talk to
one of the main webservers (apache in my case) that would then send a
redirect back and would then go to my static server (lighttpd). Is
there a simpler way of having perlbal just directly talk to lighttpd
without the extra roundtrips?

Thank you very much for your help,
Can Sar