uid for the perlball

Todd Lipcon todd at amiestreet.com
Sun Aug 26 02:37:27 UTC 2007

Hi Hemant,

The best solution I know of at this time is to simply run perlbal on a
high port. We use a firewall rule in iptables to redirect port 80 to that
high port. In shorewall config format, it is:

#       Allow incoming HTTP  to perlbal running on 7080
REDIRECT        net             7080            tcp     80

This way you can run perlbal as its own user.

Note: if you're not running as root, make sure you don't have ulimits set
for the perlbal user, especially "nofiles"

-Todd