building a debian package

Jonathan Steinert hachi at kuiki.net
Sun Jan 21 00:51:20 UTC 2007

There's a utility with debian called 'dh-make-perl' that helps a lot

You need to install it (plus fakeroot) first:
# apt-get install dh-make-perl fakeroot

Then, from inside the perlbal distribution you can then do:
$ dh-make-perl

And then it should say "Done" and you can do
$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

and it will build a .deb file for you in the parent directory.

I just tried this out and had no problems, hope it goes well for you.

--Jonathan