cache.pm and static contents serving based on filetype

kingler kingler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 18:15:17 UTC 2007

Hi, we are considering using Perlbal as our frontend server to backend Apaches.

However, would it be more efficient to use Perlbal to serve static
contents(photos and etc) maybe from MogileFS, while passing dynamic
contents to the backend Apaches? This would require a filtering based
on FileTypes requested. Also, if the user wanted to upload new photos,
would it be a problem since the request is dynamic (say PHP) and it
would be passed to the backend servers? Thanks.

-Liang