perlbal freezing on Redhat 9, Kernal 2.4.20-28.9

Matthew Clark matt.clark06 at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:50:48 UTC 2007

Hi - has anyone had problems running perlbal on Redhat 9, Kernal 2.4.20-28.9,
Perl version v5.8.5.

This is a fairly old box but we use it to test tools such as perlbal.  We're
having some problems with perlbal freezing up and although it installed OK,
I'm wondering if there are any dependecies I should be aware of?

As well as locking up, we see the following output:

Undef client-ip (Perlbal::ClientProxy=ARRAY(0x87819e8)) in assign_client.
Closing.  at lib/PerlBal/BackendHTTP.pm line 247.