[Announce] Perlbal 1.55

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Mar 21 15:47:46 UTC 2007

Perlballers,

Perlbal 1.55:

http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/B/BR/BRADFITZ/Perlbal-1.55.tar.gz

Two bug fixes and one neat feature from Jonathan.  (We previously did the
auto-304 thing in our upstream BIG-IPs, but it looks like we'll be
removing the BIG-IPs from our setup, so we're pushing more logic down into
Perlbal....)

1.55: 2007-03-21

    -- add plugin that returns 304 automatically on incoming requests
       with If-Modified-Since header and matching a regular expression
       on the Host header. (for hostnames serving immutable resources,
       where if client has ANY version, it's the correct one.)  see:
       example conf at conf/not-modified-plugin.conf

    -- do HEAD to reproxied hosts, if client did a HEAD (Radu Greab
       <radu at yx.ro>)

    -- fix race+crash in buffered upload writing/purging

- Brad