max_idle_time of zero - leaked fds?

John Berthels jjberthels at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:02:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm seeing quite a few old (>10000 secs) Perlbal::ClientHTTPBase
sockets in state reading_headers (from the 'socks' output).

Am I right in thinking that all the classes which inherit from
Perlbal::Socket have a max_idle_time of 0 and so never time out? So if
someone did a TCP connect to perlbal client-facing port and then
dropped off the net (so the socket never became readable after the
connect), we'd leak an fd into state?

Or is there another fd reaping mechanism apart from
Perlbal::Socket::_do_cleanup? Or have I misunderstood the code (I'm
looking at current svn here, r706).

regards,

jb