Web logging with Perlbal

Matthew Pitts mpitts at a3its.com
Wed Oct 24 16:26:01 UTC 2007

I think I saw this in the archives, but couldn't find it just now.

I want to get Apache-style access logs out of Perlbal and I think the
thread I saw made mention of writing a plugin to do this. Any thoughts
on the best hook to do this with? If I can come up with something good,
I'd be happy to get it on CPAN.

Also, I was thinking that since I don't want my proxy filling up with
log files that I might just send logs to a message queue where they can
be written to files somewhere sane. Any thoughts on this or a
recommended message queue system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Matthew W. Pitts
Software Engineer