ssl debugging

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Apr 2 05:40:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:02:08PM -0700, Elliott A. Johnson wrote:
> I'm having a few issues centering around ssl.

I'm seeing the same thing.  I just installed a fresh Perlbal from CPAN
with the XS headers on Ubuntu with a self-signed cert.

I used the example configuration:

http://search.cpan.org/src/BRADFITZ/Perlbal-1.70/conf/ssl.conf

The directory indexing works fine with SSL, but soon as I click
on an actual file I get those odd SSL errors (Error Code: -12263).

I'm sure I've seen Firefox report that error before, and a Google
search shows others have the same problem.  Nothing obvious jumped out
of Wireshark.

This is the config I tried.  Am I missing anything?

CREATE SERVICE site
  SET role            = web_server
  SET docroot         = /usr/share/doc
  SET dirindexing     = on

  SET enable_ssl      = on
  SET ssl_key_file    = /home/moseley/server.key
  SET ssl_cert_file   = /home/moseley/server.crt

  # optionally set the cipher list.  the default is "ALL:!LOW:!EXP"
  SET ssl_cipher_list = ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL

ENABLE site

# always good to keep an internal management port open:
CREATE SERVICE mgmt
  SET role   = management
  SET listen = 127.0.0.1:60000
ENABLE mgmt