strange problem with proxying

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:20:08 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'm experiencing a strange problem with proxying to different ports on
the same backend server using perlbal 1.60.

I have the following pools specified  in the configuration file

CREATE POOL master_apache
POOL master_apache ADD xxx.xxx.xxx.55:8080

CREATE POOL master_apache_php
POOL master_apache ADD xxx.xxx.xxx.55:80

and later in the file I assign different proxy services to each and
different VPATHs to each.

yet when I look at the management interface I see the following :

SERVICE master_apache_proxy
listening: --
role: reverse_proxy
pend clients: 0
pend backend: 0
connect-ahead: 2/2
pool: master_apache
nodes:
                xx.xxx.xxx.55:8080         50
                xxx.xxx.xxx.55:80           54

and

SERVICE master_apache_php_proxy
listening: --
role: reverse_proxy
pend clients: 485
pend backend: 0
connect-ahead: 0/2
pool: master_apache_php
nodes:

so even though I specified port 80 for one proxy service, the other is using it

Help?!?!

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk