Vpaths performance?

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Thu Feb 21 01:49:14 UTC 2008

Kevin Olson wrote:
> Has anyone tested Vpaths on a high volume site?
>
> I don't see any glaring problems in the code, but the warning at the top,
> "this has also not been optimized for huge volume sites" seems somewhat
> ominous.
>
> Kevin

I think we use something similar and it performs okay.

For gaiaonline I had plugin with the paths hardcoded and did direct
string matching for the most possible speed. In the grand scheme of
things that was probably stupid, as my entire perlbal cluster never got
above 20% CPU usage during extreme peaks.

-Dormando