Vpaths performance?

Mark Smith smitty at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 02:26:30 UTC 2008

> Has anyone tested Vpaths on a high volume site?
>
>  I don't see any glaring problems in the code, but the warning at the top,
>  "this has also not been optimized for huge volume sites" seems somewhat
>  ominous.

Heh, it's more ominous than it should be.  Most of the speed will come
down to how you use it.  If you lose lots of really inefficient
regular expressions on your paths, and dozens of them, it will be very
slow.

A few well written regexes should be fine though, on all but the most
extreme of volumes.  Would be interesting to see it in action though.

--
Mark Smith / xb95
smitty at gmail.com