Optimize perlbal as reverse proxy.

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Fri Mar 21 06:31:35 UTC 2008

>     The work I am doing is for a course project in a networking course.
>     I am relying mostly on freewares. I don't know of any L4 load
>     balancer that is free ware.

LVS (linux virtual server) is a good one most people should have access
to. I had done an absolutely insane amount of web traffic using
OpenBSD's PF's round robin load balancing (didn't have to restart it to
change members). I could go on for a while but those two are probably
the fastest.

I don't want to come across as selling _not_ using perlbal, but it
appears that you need more performance than it's going to get you. I'd
still love to spend some time optimizing it though. You just can't beat
perlbal at the L7 load balancing game, and it'd be great to get more
juice out of it.

>     I'll do the profiling and post the relevant info.

Hooray! Thanks!

-Dormando