IP and OASIS and YADIS

Drummond Reed drummond.reed at cordance.net
Mon Dec 5 19:28:10 UTC 2005

At the meeting last week, the question was raised about whether there could
be any IPR issues related to use of an OASIS specification such as the XRDS
specification from the XRI Technical Committee.

Following is a response I sent Johannes when he emailed me prior to the
meeting with concerns that implementations of WS-Security (another
specification from OASIS) had run into open source licensing issues. My
response explains the IPR background of the XRI TC and why it should be safe
to use any specification from the TC.

Also included is a followup response from Gabe Wacob, XRI TC co-chair, with
further information.

Feel free to contact myself or Gabe (who is also on the YADIS list) if you
have any further questions.

=Drummond