Name and Logo

Owen Davis owen at idcommons.net
Tue Dec 13 16:59:53 UTC 2005

fwiw

I played around a bit with a thesaurus and the words:  capability +
discovery + open

under discovery, i kinda liked:  revelare ‘lay bare’ (see reveal)
- for it's meaning.  available domains: reveal.cc, revealer.us,
(didn't search much on revelare...).

played around with open<somethings> : openpath, openintro

open: spread out, unfold, unfurl, unroll, straighten out; extend,
stretch out.

I like unfurl --> connotations of "open", pages, and even has URL in it!

domain variants of unfurl and furl are available

all versions of furled except .com are available

all domains of openfurl are available; and the term appears to be
brandspankin' new: http://www.google.com/search?
client=safari&rls=en&q=openfurl&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

btw, there is kinda interesting project at http://furl.net and a post
by john battelle about it:  http://battellemedia.com/archives/000591.php

furl |fərl| |fərl| |fəːl|
verb [ trans. ]
roll or fold up and secure neatly (a flag, sail, umbrella, or other
piece of fabric) : he shouted to the crew to furl sails | [as adj. ]
( furled) a furled umbrella.
• [ intrans. ] poetic/literary become rolled up; curl : [as adj. ]
( furled) the plant sends up cones of furled leaves.
DERIVATIVES
furlable |ˌfərləbəl| adjective
ORIGIN late 16th cent.: from French ferler, from Old French fer,
ferm ‘firm’ + lier ‘bind’ (from Latin ligare).