Time for feedback

Carl Howells chowells at janrain.com
Wed Dec 28 01:36:23 UTC 2005

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the term "citizen".  The term has two
disadvantages, from my perspective.

First, it's not the term most people are familiar with.  Most people
would find the term "user" to be a much more familiar name for that
party in the process.

Second, "citizen" implies, to me, some sort of intelligence behind the
request.  If an automated system is using YADIS to look up services,
calling it a citizen just seems inappropriate.  It's just something
using the system...  Something I'd like to call a "user."

Carl Howells