InsaneJournal OpenID bug?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Jul 6 00:04:35 PDT 2005

That's an InsaneJournal bug.  They're using the old LJ APIs, asking for
the user object's "username", not "display name".  And OpenID users don't
have usernames, so the LJ code fakes a username for old callers.  So
what's happening is that, on InsaneJournal, your http://kylemulka.com/
identity is actually user "ext_23".  But not on LJ... just on
insanejournal.