Killing time

Paul Crowley paul at ciphergoth.org
Sat Jul 9 00:55:35 PDT 2005

Taral wrote:
> Speaking of this, why do we use absolute time in the associate
> response? Considering that any good consumer will just take
> replace_after - issued and use that as an expiry time due to clock
> deviations, why don't we just put in number of seconds?

You are right.  Actually I thought of this as I was going to bed last
night but I didn't want to get up again to post it.  The original reason
we had absolute time in the associate response was so that we could use
our information about clock deviation to interpret the token, but now
that we're not doing that I don't see the need.
--
   __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, paul at ciphergoth.org
/\__/ http://www.ciphergoth.org/