Identity display [was: openId - sorua]

Zefiro work at zefiro.de
Thu Jul 14 05:08:45 PDT 2005

Hi, Martin

reviewing the topic I think we actually have nearly identical opinions
about this subject. The consumer must show the complete OpenID-URI in some
way or other and may allow other display variants for convenience.

Showing that you are the same person in community A as in community B
might be interesting, yes. Since I have quite distinct communities I visit
I haven't thought this as being so important.

What my concern was is just that I suspect consumers might be tempted to
hardcode for a few specific servers or base-uris, creating a (visual)
disadvantage to people who have their own OpenID-URI, thus debasing the
idea that all users, servers and consumers are completely exchangeable.

*purrrr*