Another dumb-mode PHP consumer demo

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 23:29:18 PDT 2005

Carl Howells wrote:
> Quoting Alan J Castonguay <codepoetica at gmail.com>:
>

>>I've finished putting together a dumb-mode consumer demo in php. Still
>>need to clean up the class' interface. Ugly source available.
>>
>> http://verselogic.net/openid/guestbook.php
>>
>>It's working with livejournal as an oid server, I would appreciate
>>people testing it with other servers. C&C welcome.
>

> Doesn't work with schtuff.com as an identity server.  It complains it can't find
> the link tag.  My user profile page is at http://users.schtuff.com/carl for
> debugging...
>
> Carl

I entered your identity URL into the guestbook page and it redirected me to:

http://www.schtuff.com/?action=openid_server?action=openid_server&openid.mo[...]

so it appears that the ID server is reacting badly to the fact that your
 ID server URL already has a query string. I'm not quite sure how it's
ending up duplicating it like that, though!