A few thoughts

Paul Crowley paul at ciphergoth.org
Thu Jun 2 00:47:11 PDT 2005

user at domain.com should be equivalent to http://www.domain.com/~user/

> 3. Is openid's answer to dns poisoning dns sec?

I think it's "running the latest DNS servers".  OpenID isn't meant to be
  more secure than logging in to LiveJournal itself.  For a higher-value
system, SSL would provide protection against DNS poisoning, and works
well with OpenID.

DNSSEC would work if everyone who was issued a domain got a DNSSEC
certificate, and that would do a lot to improve the cryptographic
security of various things, but would remove a huge revenue stream for
certain ICANN members.
--
   __
\/ o\ Paul Crowley, paul at ciphergoth.org