against using user@host identifiers

Ken Horn ken.horn at clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 01:48:35 PDT 2005

If we can standardise on a consumer using the same form name and/or
field name/attribute for the openid url field, then
bookmarklets/greasemonkey can help for the filling in.

My 2p is that urls are fine. If yours is too long / difficult, then
arrange to get a simpler one -- plenty of openid servers will provide
something short like user.myopenid.org. I don't think it's worth
worrying about right now.